"La música es sinónimo de libertad, de tocar lo que quieras y como quieras, siempre que sea bueno y tenga pasión. Que la música sea el alimento del amor."
"Music is synonym of freedom, of playing what you want and how you want, as long as it's good and made with passion. Let music be love's food."
Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

miércoles, 13 de abril de 2011

Música para no pensar (Fenech-Soler - Contender)

LXXXVIII
"You want to fly on the wings of an eagle. Everybody has to dream."

CONTENDER
Fenech-Soler
Fenech-Soler
B-Unique
2010

(ENGLISH AHEAD) Espero que no se me enfaden los buenos de Fenech-Soler. No es que su música me resulte intrascendente, convencional y poco original. Tampoco todo lo contrario. Pero ocurre que me gusta porque sí, y en días de trabajo pesado después de un trimestre laaargo y a las puertas de unas vacaciones, apetece desconectar y lidiar con cosas poco exigentes. A esta banda me la pongo, igual que a Cut Copy, para sacar un poco al bailongo que hay en mí (quien lo diría) y, aunque como mucho se me acabe moviendo solo el dedo meñique, os aseguro que por dentro, mis vísceras están de botellón.

Recomendable todo el disco, especialmente Battlefields, Lies y Demons, aparte de mi favorita, Contender, que os dejo por triplicado para que cada uno escoja la que más le guste. ¡Toma sobredosis!

I hope the band does not get very angry for the title of today's post. I don't think their music is insignificant, conventional and unoriginal. Nor the opposite. But I happen to like it, that's all. Besides, after a hard day's work, an exhausting loooong term and a few days' holiday knocking at my door, I seem to feel like disconnecting from the world and deal with little demanding things. I like listening to Fenech-Soler, as well as I do with Cut Copy, to let my inner dancing queen out of me (whoever would have said so). And though in the end it is only my little finger that gets really moving, I can assure you that my liver, kidneys, intestines and all the other internal organs are having a beer-galore party.

I recommend the whole album, especially Battlefields, Lies and Demons. But my favourite is Contender, so let's enjoy this three-way overdose of the song; just choose which version you prefer and bon appetit!







Enlaces/Links:
Fenech-Soler's official website: www.fenechsoler.co.uk

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario